George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I wonder if you can help me? I have a Fagor Integrated

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help me?
I have a Fagor Integrated 600mm wide dishwasher with a broken door spring. It is the string and the plastic parts that it threads through that have broken. I emailed UK whitegoods with a picture as I couldn't find a matching one on their online shop and they've told me the part is obsolete and that they cannot recommend another part to replace it.
Just wondered if you have any ideas of a way around this? I think the model number may be V80B000D0, but the dishwasher is about 9 yrs old.
Caroline Andrew
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 10 months ago.
Does it look like this? If not, can you post an image of the part.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello George,
Thanks for your help.
Yes it does!! There are 2 of those, one broken and one string looking very worn. But also the rectangular white blocks that the string threads through are also broken, they slot onto the machine itself if that makes sense, I've attached a photo of them for you.
Can you give me whatever information you have on the label down the side of the door
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thats the problem George, there is no label, the only number of any kind is on the original fitting instructions which has the number V80B000D0, not sure if this is any help?
I can give you the information to replace the stringed parts, but the slider may take more time to find information on without the model information
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm Happy to wait and see if you can track down the other parts please George. Art the stringy bits readily available then?
VC4B000F8 DOOR HINGE CORD Please rate the assistance to date... I will try to find the other part for you .. Look at this.. is this it?
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lovely, Thanks for your help George, the places I've already tried said the parts were obsolete, is there a place you'd recommend I try?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry, just realised its a link to Amazon!!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It looks very similar, but not sure its exact as the roller bit on mine is bigger and grey, Ive managed to fit the broken bits back together and have a couple of new pictures George, that might help!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi George it won't seem to let me add any more photos.:(
I will be away for the rest of the day today, but will be working tomorrow at some point...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks George.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here's the new photo George
Can you turn that over and orientate it to the same rotation as the one in the image I provided?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello George, here's the new photo you requested, sorry for being a bit slow
Ok thanks.. I'll try find one
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok, thanks George.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.
Hi Caroline.. The parts have been superseded and the new parts (VF9B000I1 + VF9B000J7)are available at £39.99 each
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
George, that's amazing, is that on the same Espares website as before?
The price I gave you is what I can get them for. The price on Espares is £49.31 each
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Then yes please we would like to order the parts. A slider for each side and the cords too.
Caroline, please accept the following Additional Service request, that I may in turn discuss this with you via phone tomorrow morning
I have left my number for you Caroline, but do not see your number so can't ring you.. I am on the end of the phone when you are ready.