George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Name's DavidZanussi TDE4224W (91678200300) tumble

Hi - name's David
Zanussi TDE4224W (91678200300) tumble dryer
Does it have a moisture sensor?
Looks like we bought it 2003. It works fine on timed programme. Occasionally on "sensor" dry it stops after 3 or 4 minutes with load still not dry. I was looking for a moisture sensor to inspect/clean/renew but can't find one. Can't find a wiring diagram either
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
I am on the road at the moment bu I am on the road at the moment but, I can get you a wiring diagram and find the other information you need this afternoon if you can wait that long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rush George - thanks
Hi David.. Thanks for being patient.. Yes this model does have a sensor.. I can see it on the wiring diagramHere is the diagram for you Please remember to rate the assistance given using the Stars provided. regardsGeorge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent GeorgeLooks like there is an air gap sensor. Just to muddy the waters today when it played up on sensor drying I put on 30 minute timed and it stopped after 5 or 6 minutes with no end of cycle lights flashing. So I put it on to 60 minute dry and it kept going for ages. I'm now starting to suspect the PCB in which case I'll cut my losses. 13 years ain't bad ­čśő. Very pleased with your service. Many thanks.
Be careful.. if it is a reverse tumble, it could be one of the direction relays failed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Odd you mention that because I could have sworn I noticed it prematurely changing direction on a couple of occasions. So if a relay fails it could stop the thing dead? Replaceable?
If the relay fails and the drum stops because of lack of power to that rotation, wait for 10 minutes to see if the alternate rotation kicks in again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We used to have a Zanussi years ago that had a slug that travelled up and down a thread at the back of the drum and tripped a make and break. But what you're describing sounds more up to date like there is a pcb timer running?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Time for bed and you've been more than helpful. I can take it from here. Many thanks again George. Highly recommended ­čśÄ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George. Hope you had a good break. I removed cover and vacuumed everything. Disconnected and cleaned edge connectors of PCB. Since then has worked perfectly. Never did find moisture sensor. The drum sensor is a carbon brush. Still very much appreciated your help.