George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Still have Error Eo8 on hoover vision hd tumble dryer I've

Customer Question

Still have Error Eo8 on hoover vision hd tumble dryer I've replaced heater replaced capacitor on motor as motor did fail to start originally all sensors checked and ok checked wiring and connections all good
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
Hello David, my name is***** you give me the product code of the appliance please.. It will be on the label inside the door opening. regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Vhv 781c 80 hoover vision hd
If you open the door of the appliance, there is a label with a long number that starts with 31.. Can you tell me that number please David.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
3110039911320368
E8 on this appliance is usually caused by temperature going over the thermal fuse threshold (206° C).. This can be caused by a faulty thermal fuse or a fault in the mechanics of the appliance causing the lack of airflow.Having said that.. If you find that there is no blockage in the vents, the fans are turning correctly, there is plenty of airflow, change the thermal fuse... Also, check the wiring to and from the thermal fuse, as if the wiring is defective or O/C the this will be detected as a thermal fuse issue and will error out on E8 Please remember to rate my assistance to you as this is the only way I get credited for time spent with you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi I have replaced the whole heater assembly Inc the two sensors ie thermal fuse I've also checked that both rear and front sensors have continuity, which they do. All wiring and connections have been checked with an electrical meter. Also changed the capacitor on the motor as I believe the motor stopping in the first place caused the issue ( motor now running fine) checked and cleaned all air flow spaces.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Have you checked the front NTC & Thermal Fuse?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi George yes I've checked the front ntc and thermal fuse both are good
But you can not check that the themal fuse it operating correctly, you can only replace it. Using the iring diagram, when the appliance errors out, you could then check the sensor continuity to find out if it is the sensor that has initiated the error by opening. I have sent you the Premium Service request that you asked for... What was the reason for requesting this... Is it for the available service documents on the product or is it for phone discussion?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry that was sent by mistake the touch button is the same place as the send button on my phone lol
The thermal fuse was tested is that the one where the resistance increases and decreases with hot and cold this is working ok the other fuses have continuity across the terminals
How did you test the thermal fuse is operating at the correct temperature?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I didn't i took it to a local shop to get a replacement they tested it and showed me it was ok. Which I'm surprised about as I thought they would have jumped at the chance of a sale
Please now right the assistance that I have given you so far.If everything I have told you is checking out ok, And you are insistent that the thermal fuse is operating correctly, then the fault lies with the PCB.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I thought that maybe case as it seems to be the only thing that has not been checked or replaced. It's almost as if the after the initial problem the pcb has registered a fault and it hasn't cleared or won't reset. I've tried the self diagnosis on the board when you hold start button turn nob to position 3 then press button again 2 twice I think it is. To show stored error code. Is there not a sequence to clear error codes or does it only show an error that is actually current within the machine?
I am on the road on call-outs now... I will respond on my return later today
The PCB does indeed show latest stored errors and these are accessed at the time of entering the diagnostics program. The errors are cleared once you access the diags.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.