George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

The dishwasher ejects the soap tablet out, it never dissolves,

the dishwasher ejects the soap tablet out, it never dissolves, the dishes are never clean. Also I can not top up the 'shine' liquid as it won't go in. This dishwasher is only 4 months here. I filled in the guarantee card and posted it but never heard anything back.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Susan, my name is***** you tell me the model number of the appliance please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where would I find that?
The rating label would normally be found down the side of the door when opened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SMEG DIC6 1
full S/N
TYPE 12058
This sounds like a problem with the heater of the appliance, or the PCB that controls it... Cold water will not dissolve the tablet.If you have your proof of purchase you can contact Smeg on (0844(###) ###-#### ***** give them the Serial Number. Please rate the assistance I have given you using the Stars provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DOES THAT HELP? CAN YOU ADVISE PLEASE?
Hi Susan,It sounds like a problem with the heater of the appliance, or the PCB that controls the heater... Cold water will not dissolve the tablet.If you have your proof of purchase you can contact Smeg on (0844(###) ###-#### ***** give them the Serial Number. Please rate the assistance I have given you using the Stars provided.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IS THE INFO I GAVE YOU THE SERIAL NUMBER? WHAT IS A PCB?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE DISHWASHER IS STEAMING AT THE END OF THE WASH AND DRYS THE CONTENTS. i DOUBT ITS THE HEATER.
Where it says Full S/N there should be a number after it.. That is the serial number If the dishwasher is steaming at the end of the wash then it will not be the heater and is then likely that the spray arms are not rotating to disseminate water to the tablet..
Susan, If the spray arms are not rotating then there may not be enough water getting into the appliance. This is still a fault that you would need to have covered by your warranty. Check the filters at the base of the appliance before contacting the Service number.. If the filters are blocked it can cause the water not to circulate. I advise against taking the appliance apart as this would invalidate your warranty. regardsGeorge
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regards
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair