Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

I have a Vaillant EcoMax 82/2E running on LPG. It has just

Customer Question

I have a Vaillant EcoMax 82/2E running on LPG. It has just been serviced. It keeps failing with F28 flame-out. Engineer has been back 3 times to fix it, but the fault keeps coming back. It is the bank holiday weekend and I have no heating or hot water.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Boiler is 828/2E
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
Does this only occur when lighting or when running normally/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good question. Yesterday the system ran OK after the engineer left. The radiators closed down on the timer at 9pm.When we ran some hot water at 10:20 pm we got icy cold water and an F28. I reset the fault and went to bed.This morning it tried to start up on the timer and it went to F28. Sounded like it was trying hard, so I reset it 3 times and on the 4th start it fired up and has been working all day. It was very cold this morning and last night it dropped to 6C. I wonder if propane is difficult to ignite when the temperature drops.