George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My Whirlpool Dishwasher (Model DWH C10 W) keeps tripping the

My Whirlpool Dishwasher (Model DWH C10 W) keeps tripping the mains fusebox every time I switch it on. All the display lights are on, and have changed the fuse in the spur switch but same result. Any suggestions?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the 12 digit service code please.. Is it tripping immediately, or does something happen/work first? Please be patient.. I may not come back to you until later today
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see two numbers beside each other:
Service: 854586715002
SER: 990823060362Yes it trips immediately. No problem, hear from you later.
Gavin
Is the dishwasher full of water Gavin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it is empty.
In that case I would say that the most likely cause is a short in either the On/Off switch or the door switch.. Open the door and switch on the appliance to see if the same problem occurs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happens when the door is open, the power can be on with all the lights on and the short occurs when I press the start/ reset button.
Even with the door still open? If yes, then you have a component with an insulation leak, or you have a short from a cable to earth.. check the wiring going under the door for shorts to the casing.. check the mains filter.. and check the mains leads. At this point I ask that you rate the assistance given by me.. We can continue to discuss the problem thereafter.