George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an AEG S85628SK1 US style fridge freezer the freezer

I have an AEG S85628SK1 US style fridge freezer the freezer light flashes and the compressor doesn't start plusd the touch control panel no longer works - is there a way of resetting the fridge? The manual says theres an on/off button but I can't find it
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** power button is part of the Electronic Control Board.. There is a 3 amp fuse mounted on the control board that is used to protect the board from voltage surges.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But the electronic control panel is dead - how do I find the fuse so I can check it?
It may be dead due to failure of its power board or failure of the fuse. To service the control board you must remove the frame around the dispenser housing by pulling straight out at the top corner and working your way around the frame pulling it out of the grove in the door.Then remove the screws two screws at the top of the control. Now you can lift up on the control assembly while you tip it out at the top. This will allow you to remove the control assembly from the doorWith the control out you can disconnect the molex plugs form the dispenser housing to the control assembly. This will allow for complete removal of the control.With the control removed you can remove the power supply board from the back of the control by removing the 4 screws and disconnecting the wiring harness connector for the powers board to the control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have control board out and dispenser unit from door but still no visible fuse? N.B. Power/dispenser unit was only held by 2 screws not 4. The control unit clips into a black housing with no screws - is the fuse actually on the control board? I don't want to try forcing off the black housing unless it is?
Ok, have you checked the board for damage? The fuse you are searching for is on the other board down below.. This appliance has two boards. The Service Manual for the product is 125 pages long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think the control board in the freezer door is fine - it just doesn't seem to be getting any power - the board down below? Is that the grey box behind the front 'grid' panel at bottom of the doors?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have to take the doors off to get the front panel off to look at the bottom control board - it doesn't pull out?
To service the power board (main power supply), open the food and freezer door. Remove the kick plate from the bottom of the cabinet. Looking through the opening at the bottom of the cabinet, on the left side you can see the plastic box containing the power board.One screw in the middle of the front of the box holds the control box. Remove the screw and slide the control box forward. The back of the control box sits on a rail. Now the control box can be pulled out from the front of the refrigerator.This will give you access to the wiring connectors so you can disconnect the power board and pull the control box out from the front of the refrigerator.There is a 3 amp fuse mounted on the control board that is used to protect the board from voltage surges. Please rate the assistance given by me before continuing
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have removed bottom control board - no fuse visible....
That last excerp was taken directly from the Servce Manual for your appliance.. The fuse may not look like a fuse.. it may be a round black cylindrical object that looks like a small capacitor.. Look for a marking symilar to (F1).
Can you tell me the pnc of your appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
928 465 054-003 85628SK1 / 3
No obvious fuse - I have 9 black cylindrical capacitors and a choke plus a transformer/resistors / chip etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lights and ice machine have power - does the power to these go via the bottom control board?
Yes
I would say in this case you need a new control board
However, you could double check that it is actually getting power from the bottom board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I think I agree with you :-(.One strange thing is that the freezer lights flash intermittently is this a fault code?
I shall be back shortly
I have the alternative Service Manual open for this appliance.. It shows there being a Main PCB on the top of the appliance.. it also shows an image of that PCB and shows the 3.5a fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send me the image - there doesn't seem to be anything visible on the top of the FF - its built into the cabinets so to look further at the back I'll have to move it out which won't be easy
Which freezer lights.. interior lights?