George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I'm Nick I have a ZWF1621W Washer, the spin cycle will

hi, I'm Nick I have a ZWF1621W Washer, the spin cycle will not work. When opening the door the drum can be turned easily by hand.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Nick, my name is***** the appliance tumble during the wash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The last wash took a very long time & wouldn't spin
It is likely that either the belt has come off the pulley for the tub, or the motor requires new brushes. If you put the appliance into spin mode, can you hear the motor spinning even though the tub is not rotating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I've removed the rear panel, the belt is in place
You mean you have removed the rear half of the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flat panel on the back of the machine
Can you tell me the pnc of the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PNC?
number beginning 914 from the label inside the door opening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** really, it's###-##-####00
Ok, the reason I asked is that that model usually has a cabinet that comes apart in the middle.. I can see that yours just has the rear panel. Unplug the appliance and take off the belt.. remove the motor and undo one of the brushes at the rear of the motor.. Check the length of the brush
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, will do that now. Shall I stay online?
Up to you... you can come back later if you wish... You should have received an email to link you back to this page Either way, I would appreciate a rating at this point...
Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok will go offline for now, back when sorted. Thanks
Ok Nick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks George, you're a star !
I removed the motor, both carbon brushes are in dire need of replacing, but one had a lot of carbon dust jamming it against the side of the holder. Gave it a good clean & now seems to be working ok, hopefully will last until the shops re-open !
I'm surprised how quickly the brushes have worn out as the machine is not very old & gets nowhere near as much use as our old machines suffered when we still had 3 kids at home !
once again, thanks a lot for your help.
Nick
**Big Smile** Happy Easter