Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

BEKO WMB81241 Lb there, our washing machine was working

Customer Question

BEKO WMB81241 Lb
Hi there, our washing machine was working yesterday, draining, filling ect although there was a squeaking noise. Today the drum wont move, but the filling and emptying still works. After filling, the program countdown timer pauses as though waiting for the next part of the program? it wont move on from that until I cancel and change program to drain. Is there a way of reading fault codes on the display ? Thanks chelle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did do about 3 loads of pet bedding yesterday, but that was all ok we have checked the cleaned the drain pipe and filter and there was no debris inside, chelle
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HiFrom the fault you describe this could be down to worn carbon brushes in the motor as when they wear down you do get a noise from them.What you need to do is pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.Then lie down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor.There either side are the carbon brushes. Remove both of them and see if they have worn down to just a few mm long. If they have then that's the fault and they will need to be replaced and then that should be back to normal from there.So check them first and see what you find and let me know.Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open? If you need anymore info just get back to me.If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question for you. Many thanks