adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Just Answer Moderator
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

Miele W906 Sudden complete loss of power, the 13 amp fuse is

Customer Question

Miele W906 Sudden complete loss of power, the 13 amp fuse is ok.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
There are a few here.. Do you have test equipment to test for faults.. at least a multimeter?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi there, yes I have a multimeter.
Ok, first think to try so that you are not wasting your time is to ascertain that there is actually power at the socket on the wall. Next, unplug the appliance and use a multimeter set to continuity to check that each of the live and neutral cables are in tact. Noting the wiring positions, take out the main board of the appliance and do a visual check of the tracks on the rear of the board. Using a multimeter, check the fuse on the board for continuity. Once that is done, come back and tell me what you have found. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank's George, all of those things I did before even contemplating seeking help. What I need to know is specific information for the W906, because I have had just 2 Miele washing machines over the past 42 years, which I have always serviced and, on the rare occasion, repaired myself.If you do not have specific information for my machine, including a wiring diagram, then you are simply wasting yours, and my time. If you do have the wiring diagram, or a fault analysis sheet, then please email them to me and I will work it out for myself.
Just for your information, I was an aircraft engineer for 45 years and still enjoy fixing everything, where possible, that goes wrong at home.
My apologies, I would not wish to "waste your time", but since none of your previously attempted resolves have been published in the description and it purely states (Miele W906 Sudden complete loss of power, the 13 amp fuse is ok.) which infers that nothing has yet been attempted, you got the standard starter information... Not many people are aware that there is even a fuse on the board as they do not recognise it as a fuse. I do NOT have a wiring diagram for the W906.. which is usually included with the appliance under the lid. The only documents I have available that include that appliance are:Miele F/L & T/L Washing Machine - DiagnosticsMiele Error Code List So I will Opt out of the query and let you gather assistance from another respondent.. regards
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank's George. I thought because I responded to a Miele help line I was taking to a Miele engineer. The lack of information in my inquiry was because I have not used a web site like this before, and thought it would first lead me into a detailed situation/information outline to enable the Miele engineer to direct my investigating/problem solving for the W906. Just as a bye, I still my have my original W429S which we bought in 1972. The old machine had serious over heating problems with the wiring and required a couple of programmers in the 19 years in use. It's still wainting for me to 'get round to it' to fix it!Bye.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 8 months ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Alan,I'm sorry to say I think contacting this web site has been a waste of time and effort. I know my machine is now quite old, but to to be honest, it still looks like it has just come out of a show room and, until now, it has not let us down.I now realize your web site is not going to be of any help to me, so I would appreciate the return of my £20, and tomorrow I will contact the Miele service team and see if I can get a circuit diagram or a fault analysis sheet. Failing that, I will admit defeat and get them to fix the machine for me.I look forward to the return of my deposit,Goodbye,Colin.