Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Our Bosch double oven HBM56B551B won't turn back on after resetting

Our Bosch double oven HBM56B551B won't turn back on after resetting the clock. Is there anything that I can try? Before calling in the engineer. Thanks for your help. Malcolm.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.
HiNot sure if you have tried to reboot the timer.If not switch the power off to the oven for leave it a few minutes.Then turn it back on and the clock should flash 00:00Now press the clock button and it should show 12:00Turn the rotary dial to the correct time.Then press the clock button and it will lock in the time.Now the oven will be back in manual mode and you should be able to use as normal.If that isn't working then the timer unit is faulty as that's the only way you can set the time so if that isn't working then you need to replace the timer unit in there to fix it.But just try the above first and see what happens and let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your reply but I'm not sure you understood the question. I was trying to reset the clock on the oven by turning the oven off from the mains then turning on again so that I could reset the clock. The clock face is showing 00:00 but to be able to select the time I need to be able to switch the oven on from the main oven panel but the button function isn't responding. I hope this has helped explain things a little better. Look forward to your reply. Regards Malcolm
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Sorry i only just seen the already tried box were you said you turned the power offand back on again. When it comes on does the picture of the key light up?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it doesn't only the clock face and 00:00 appears on the left hand display.
Ok so that rules out the child lock then. If the clock funcation button isnt working then it can only be the front control unit not responding to you pressing it. Try this if you havent already. Turn the power off to the oven completey and leave it for an hour turned off as this will allow the componments in there to discharge themselves.Then turn the power back on and see if you are able to set it then. If that doesnt work then im afraid you are looking at a faulty control unit as the buttons are not responding to you pressing them so this can only be down to a faulty control unit on the front which would need to be replaced im afarid.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for your reply. I will turn the power off for an hour and see what happens.
Once again thanks for your help.
Regards,
Malcolm.
No worries Malcolm, Your very welcome.Speak to you soon.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.