Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi washer 6161P and the drainage hose does not

I have a zanussi washer 6161P and the drainage hose does not securely fit the under sink spigots, it is a wider hose to feed into the stand pipe- is there a connector I can get so I can fit it securely to the under sink tap spigots - I have 2 connection sites unused?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is the rubber bung part still on the waste hose or has it been cut off? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still on and I am looking to connect it to the under tap spigots pictured, but it's not a water tight seal as is and I can't see the desired stand pipe, can I change it for a drainage pipe that does fit and screw in or...?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Arrh i see it. The waste hose is a standed size hose even tough it looks bigger but its the same as any other washer. Looking at the pictures you sent i see the spigots on this sink unit is smaller then usually ones so thats what you problem is. All you need to do on this is use a jubliee clip on the waste hose to tighen it onto the spigot and this will stop the leak and seal it up proberly for you. Ive had this issue myself on these small spigots so using a jubliee clip to tighten the waste hose to the spigot will fix the problem you have here. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I'll try the jubilee clip - appreciate the speedy response
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries your very welcome. Thee jubliee clip will sort this out.