George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

How do I switch on a smeg fabb32 after defrosting

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
1 Freezer on/off switch;2 Red warning light: indicates that the temperature inside the freezer is higher than the temperatureset. Goes out when the set temperature is reached;3 Rapid freezing switch;4 Temperature regulator;5 Freezer compartment temperature external thermometer. To Defrost - Turn the freezer off using the switch provided and disconnect the plug from the electrical mains. Remove the frozen foods from the freezer compartment and protect them from thawing while cleaning. For the FAB32 model, fit the pipe provided into the groove in the bottom of the appliance. Place a container underneath the pipe to collect the defrosted water. After Defrost - To turn on the freezer press the switch 1. If the green light is on, the freezer is working. Then set thethermostat using the regulator provided (4). To reduce the temperature in the freezer compartment,adjust the setting from " min" to "max.". It is best to keep the regulator on a middle setting in normaloperating conditions and only turn it to max for rapid freezing of the foods loaded. Settings close to the"min." level are recommended if there is only a small amount of food in the freezer compartment.
Colin,Click the link at the above to see the controls.. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.regards
Here is a link to the Fab32 Manual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the instruction book you are just repeating waht is in it - please do not charge my card -i amk not happy with your answer
It was good to speak to you and I'm glad that you are now sorted Feel free to ring me should you need further advice regardsGeorge