George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a fan oven B1421N2GB/01, about 13 years old. Cooking

I have a fan oven B1421N2GB/01, about 13 years old. Cooking lamb for Easter and the trip switch in the house went - it looks like it was my Neff oven that caused it! The fan on the oven is still working, the temp light and oven lights are working but the oven is not getting hot so I am guessing the thermostat has failed. Is it worth repairing or do I need to consider a new oven?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chris, Turn the oven onto the conventional oven setting.. That is one line above another.. The problem is likely that the fan oven element has become defective. However, should the issue be the thermostat or the element, this is certainly an issue that is repairable.Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have a conventional oven setting, just defrost, fan, grill & grill/fan
Yes, my apologies, I can now see that your oven does not have the conventional setting. When using the oven, which setting do you usually use?
The problem is likely to be either the fan element, but we should really test it.Do you have a multi meter and can you use it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay - Easter meal now eaten (thankfully I have a Neff Combi oven as well!) - I do not know what a multi meter is!
I have tried the grill only option and that is working.
Then if the (grill only) option is working correctly, the problem lies with the ring element surrounding the fan...This is a common problem that you can repair yourself (I can talk you through it once you have purchased the part), or you can call an engineer in to repair it at relatively low cost in comparison to the cost of a replacement oven. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have organised an engineer to look at the oven based on the advice you gave me. There are no more questions.