Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My ***** ***** pyrolytic oven door will not open. The cleaning

Customer Question

My ***** ***** pyrolytic oven door will not open. The cleaning process finished over an hour ago.
The buttons do not respond at all
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number of the oven please. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know the model no. Bought approx nine years ago from ***** *****. Single built in oven. I cannot find the instruction book.
I think pyrolytic ovens, generally, have a fail safe device to prevent the opening during cleaning. Don't think the make, model is required for you to give me the open sesame.
I need your expertise. Liz Walker
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
All pyro ovens are different in the way they are built so i usually need the model as you will know ***** ***** is a retailer they dont actually make appliances other companys make them and badge them up with there name. But as you say the oven is around 9 years old then its more then likely made by Electrolux for them. So as the door isnt opening then the lock will have jammed here. What you need to do is get a flat bladed screwdriver and then look at the top of the door on the far left.There you should see the door lock hook.Insert the screwdriver in there and prise the lock up and then you should be able to open the door.Once the door is open see how it goes using the oven on the settings. Hopefully it will be fine but if not then the door lock will be the fault and will need to be replaced as i have replaced loads of them in the past for this kind of fault. So try the above and hopeully it is the oven i think it is and the door lock hook will be there. Let me know how it goes from there. Regards