Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko BDVC665MK we were boiling water on the front

I have a Beko BDVC665MK we were boiling water on the front hob, the boiling water went into the glass hobs, flooding the front panel and knobs.
The machine now is tripping the RC switch.
Any advice please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Whats more then likely happened here is the water will have got onto the switches under the hob and will have blowen one of the control switches. Ive seen this happen 100s of times and i will see it many times more. If you are looking at fixing this yourself then make sure the power supply is turned off.Pull the oven out and remove the screws holding the hob top on at the back.Then lift the hob top upwards from the back and slide it forward and it will move from the front.You need to then spin the hob sideways out of the way and there you will see the switches.Inspect all the switchs and cehck for signs of burning. Which ever switch has blown then thats the one you need to replace.Then with a new switch this will cure the fault from there. So check that out if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I am going to try, I'll let you know