Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

My water pressure bar is showing right at the top of red.

Customer Question

My water pressure bar is showing right at the top of red. The screen is flashing between 55 and 3.4 which is too high and when I press the minus sign it shows 3.4. I'm a bit nervous of having this so I've turned it off at the wall for overnight. Any ideas how I can get the pressure down? I had topped it up earlier as it had dropped due to leaking radiator but once that had been fixed it seemed OK.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have left the fill point on slightly.
Try again to turn off and then bleed the radiator until the pressure is back down to 1.5bar
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok yes I might have left the fill tap on a bit. That's a good idea. I wouldn't know how to bleed a radiator so I'll try that first. But it won't explode?
No the boiler has a pressure relief valve, it will be dripping outside until the pressure drops.
You need a key to bleed a radiator you can get one from B&Q etc.
Just bleed a radiator into a tub to let some water out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I didn't know about the pressure relief valve. That's helpful. Thanks.
No problem