Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Bosch Fridge Freezer Duo system KGS3 722GB. I've come back

Bosch Fridge Freezer Duo system KGS3 722GB. I've come back from Easter and found all my food ruined Freezer & Fridge not working. I can't find manual and don't understand controls. I'm desperate because last month other freezer (newer) packed in and my husband had recently died.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you hear the compressor at the back running?If you pull the fridge out and feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since asking the question I have had the fridge-freezer on and off. It stopped making the noise and there seems no life in it whatsoever. I tried changing the fuse (we had a power-cut some time over Easter) and I turned it off to see whether it would start again, but it didn't. I think I have given up on it and will probably have to buy a new one, it wont be sensible to pay for repairs.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As for the compressor, I don't know which bit that is, but all the black bits at the back are stone cold.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
To be honest if its not running now then its more then likely the control unit at the top or the compressor itself.Now this is an expensive part so to be honest personally you will be best off replacing the appliance as either way its going to be over £150 for the control unit and nearer the £300 mark for a compressor. So a new fridge freezer will be the better option on this im afraid. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Daniel, you've confirmed my fears,
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Just sorry it wasnt good news. If you could remember to rate the answer as well that would be great. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The funny thing the freezer, Beko that decided to freeze up and then push the door open with the ice over three weeks ago, has decided it's alright now. After being turned off since then, I turned it on this morning, and at the moment it seems to be working perfectly (fingers crossed).