George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Washing machine EWG12450 When all settings are as they

Washing machine EWG12450
When all settings are as they should be to start the wash cycle, the start button is pressed and nothing happens,
I Would be grate ful for any advice
Product No.###-##-####01
Serial number. 919001
I would be grateful fo any advice,
Yours sincerely.
Bob Staines
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bob, my name is***** you close the door and press the button, do you hear a click near the door and does the door then lock, or can you still open the door? regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the door is closed and start button pressed , the door can still be opened
Do you hear a click near the door as you press the button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no click on pressing the button.Is that all the assistance we get for £20 pounds as we are both seventy years old pensioners and cannot afford to carry on sending more money with no sensible answer !!!
No sir.. I am asking you questions to determine the cause of the fault.. by you answering my questions I can determine the best coarse of action sir. Have you had any recent difficulty with the door being able to lock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No we have had no trouble with the door.further information when the machine stopped it was in the middle of a cycle
That was my next question.. So; Have you noticed the appliance jumping about, not spinning properly, or have the clothes come out wetter than usual lately?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this has not happened
How often is the appliance used.. Daily, twice a day, once a week, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Usually once a day maybe twice
Ok Bob, I would suggest that for a 2008 appliance, if you have had no previous issues with the door not locking, and given the usage rate of the appliance. that the appliance is in need of a change of brushes in the motor. This will cause the lack of operation in the appliance. If you had previous issues with the door locking I would have said to replace the interlock of the appliance. However, you may feel that if you are to call out an engineer to replace the carbons, it may be prudent to replace the appliance door lock at the same time to save future costs. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you. regardsGeorge