George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I've just bought a new Bosch dishwasher. Have had it installed

I've just bought a new Bosch dishwasher. Have had it installed but the water light says there's no water going to it, but there is, and it beeps constantly then stops, washes for a bit and drains. The dishwasher engineer says Bosch take ages to fill the water reservoir initially- what's going on? The make is a smv43l00gb/41.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, my name is***** you tell me exactly what you are seeing and hearing... Try be concise as I can't see or hear what you are. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a beeping noise- I can hear water going into the machine. But the light on the control panel is coming as there is no water. The engineer said that it may take a few cycles before there's enough water in the machine.
Can you open the door and double-check that there is no water inside the tub When you say "the light on the control panel is coming as there is no water" which light do you refer to.. The image of a tap? Can you check the connection where the appliance drainage hose is connected to; Check to ensure that the connection can actually pump water out, by taking the end of the hose and placing it into a bucket and turning on the appliance. By doing this you are also checking that the water entering the appliance is not being immediately pumped out.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars, it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.