Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Classixx 6 1400.My machine will not spin and am left with water

Classixx 6 1400.My machine will not spin and am left with water in the drum,program lights work and the washing movement appeared to be normal untill it came to the spin cycle when the spin symbol showed up but there was no action.Changed programm to spin only and still no progress .The lights are on but noones home ?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Would you kindly let me have the full ENr located on the rating label in the door frame please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,as shown
E-Nr. WAE28363GB/02 FD 8710 603318
OK the first thing that I would do, assuming that you have checked the drain pump filter is to check the motor carbon brushes - they should be at least 10mm long.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the drum was not spinning i assumed the problem to be with the brushes.However i emptied the machine of water and cleaned the filter .I washed a light load using the fastest spin 1400.The 12 min cycle took 4 mins to reach top speed .Would this be an indication that the brushes still need looking at in your opinion ?
OK if the load is light it may still spin as the power required to pass through the brushes will be lower and secondly you need to remove the filter and check that during pump out the pump impeller is actually spinning fast. Pump first then brushes if the pump is OK - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your support information spot on ,
happy customer !
Excellent pleased to help - would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank You for using JA and have a great afternoon - Ian