Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

It's a Bosch VarioPerfect Logixx8 EcoSilence WAS28460GB/08

Hello!
It's a Bosch VarioPerfect Logixx8 EcoSilence WAS28460GB/08 machine that stopped during its washing cycle.
I've drained the water out, released the front door, and taken the washing out.
The display shows (in order): "YES" (briefly), then "nr0" (longer), then "YES" (which stays on. Any button press gets "nr0" then "YES" again.
Before I drained it and took everything out, the display sequence was "NO" / "nr0" / "NO".
Any ideas, anyone?
ps I'd found a "reset" idea on the www ... dial to 12 o'clock, then 6 o'clock, hold "spin" and still press while at 7 o'clock for 5 seconds, then 12 o'clock again. Didn't cure anything :)
With best wishes,
OAP John
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi If you remove the plug from the socket and leave it for 30 mins and plug it back in does this clear the screen? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Daniel.Removed the plug, fell asleep for a couple of hours (!), plugged back in and still the same sequence of YES / nr0 / YES...Ho hum. Anyway, off to bed. (And many thanks for the response, by the way :)OAP John
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Okay so if Unpluging the washing machine and put it back in hasn't cleared it and I'm afraid is looking like a control unit fault.As if you have tried to reset and that hasnt cleared it as well then that's all it can be.I'm sorry to fix this the control board will need to be replaced as that's all that can cause this problem as anything else will through error codes up and then it will reset itself when you turn it off.Sorry is not good news but if you need any more information just get back to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A quick ballpark estimate on cost, Daniel?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You are looking at roughly about £200 just for the part Bosch parts are very expensive. Then if you need is somebody to come and fit it you can add another £60 on top for labour.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Is there anything else i can help you with on this?If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Daniel: many thanks for the helpful information! Regrettably it's not good news for repair technicians in my neck of the woods, for we've decided to bin the machine and buy a new one :-/With best wishes,
OAP John - volunteer for UK Rock Challenge, the proven teamwork-building, confidence-boosting, skills-enhancing, drugs-reducing, adrenaline-blasting, energy-filled inspiration for 8-to-18 year olds everywhere ... and their young-at-heart teachers too.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Best opition on this one i would think as thats what i would do as well. I bet the volunteering is keeping you busy :) Also please if you rate the answer i gave by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great. Many thanks