George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I want to know is my tumble dryer safe model TCM58 OP Serial

Customer Question

I want to know is my tumble dryer safe model TCM58 OP Serial Number###-##-####and if not who do I phone?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jane, my name is*****'s acquisition of the Hotpoint/Indesit brands, Indesit Company has closely reviewed the safety of its product portfolio.As part of the review identification of potential concerns with two types of tumble dryers manufactured between April 2004 and September 2015 have been made. In some cases, excess fluff can come into contact with the heating element and present a risk of fire.An extensive consumer outreach and service action plan has been activated in order to provide consumers with products that are updated to higher safety and quality standards. An arrangement will be made for a visit from an engineer, free of charge, to modify your appliance. The service call will take approximately one hour. The improvements are believed to be necessary and will further enhance the safety and quality of your dryer.In the meantime Whirlpool advise that consumers may continue to use their products, provided that appliances are not left unattended whilst operating. However, please check with your insurance company before doing so, as use of an appliance that requires a safety modification, before the modification has been applied may disclude you from a claim should a fire occur.Unfortunately the appliance Model & Serial number you gave: TCM58OP###-##-####is one of the affected modelsPlease register the appliance to be serviced with the Safety Modification immediately by ringing Hotpoint on the number on the right hand side of this page Contact Hotpoint.
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.