Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Its a fridge freezer ZRB224NWO. Its 5 years old. Fans

Its a fridge freezer ZRB224NWO. Its 5 years old. Fans working but the freezer is cold but not freezing anymore and the food us going soggy. The fridge is cold - but I can tell its not cold enough. I know there are 2 points that I can adjust, but its not clear in the manual how I make the whole appliance colder. I have tried twiddling them a bit but its pointless unless I know what I should be doing!
Help!
Hilary
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.
Hi If you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is this hot to touch? Also are you able to empty the freezer and remove the plastic covers from the back inside the freezer?If so remove these and behind there you will see the evaporator. Check to see if theres any ice or an even frosting on there and let me know. Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes, the compressor is hot but only hand hot - not burning hot. I haven't opened the back plastic plate inside the freezer (cos Im a whimp) but there is no ice/frost anywhere around it. I can hear the motor bit and it is cold inside the freezer/fridge.....but not THAT cold. Its like one big fridge.
H
Ok as the fridge is cold still but the freezer is starting to go off then im afraid its looking like a compressor or system fault here. As to be honest ive replaced quite a few compressors on these over the years. As if it was a fault on the auto defrost side what you find is the freezer is ok but the fridge goes warm. Were as you have the fridge ok but the freezer going off so this is usually down to the system fault. For this you need to get a fridge engineer in as this isnt a diy repair. But this isnt going to be a cheap fix as a new compressor fitted is around the £250-300 mark so not usually worth fixing. But in the mean time keep an eye on it as you tend to find the fridge will go off as well sooner rather then later as it always happens im afraid. Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Did I send the previous message? The 'send' button went pale, so I'm not sure
H
Not sure as i got one reply from you which i responded to but not sure if you replyed after that.But if you scroll up you can see the complete thread from there.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi DanielHmmm. I sort of expected it to be a compressor thing. The thermostat went last year, so I feel a bit jinxed with this bit of equipment. Can you recommend a good fridge freezer for me to buy....for about £300-ish. Thanks for your help.
H
You can check this fridge out as its a decent one and its around £256 Click here Its a frost free freezer and wet wall fridge which personally i like rather then full frost free.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.