George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Daniel I have a 15 month old Beko QWM84 integrated washing machine

Customer Question

Hi Daniel I have a 15 month old Beko QWM84 integrated washing machine that isn't draining.
I have cleaned filter (which was blocked) and the washing machine once again seemed to work except it stopped again during the drain cycle, I have checked the filter again and it is clean. I have run the diagnostic test by holding pause and turning the machine on and all the cycles work until it reaches the drain stage.
In test mode the display show a tap icon with a diagonal line through it.
Can you help me please?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George,Can you please provide the product code from the label on the door opening
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello George,The product code is(###) ###-####
Thank you for that.. Let me go get the documents for that model.. Back soon
Hello again Graham.. Sorry that took so long. Other than the image you have described, is there any error code displayed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I put the machine in test mode it puts the number 1521 on the display briefly before displaying the icons, I assume that's an error code?
If you put the machine back into customer mode and put some water into the drum, then turn the appliance to drain, what happens? Also, have you a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a drain only option, I have spin and drain.I put some water in the drum selected spin and drain and turned the machine on, it has started the cycle of spinning as normal but it isn't draining. also, FYI, if I attempt to cancel the wash, it wont let me and gets stuck on the wash mode it is on, the only way of getting out of the cycle is to go into test mode.
So press and hold start for 5 secs doesn't work
do you have a multimeter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just noticed that it isn't actually 'spinning' its turning left a few rotations then right a few like its doing a wash cycle.The timer started on 12 minutes and counted down to 8 minutes, it is continuing to do what looks like a wash instead of a spin and drain and the counter has stayed on 8 minutes for the last 10 minutes or so.No, I don't have a multimeter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, pressing and holding start for 5 seconds does nothing
That is because your drum is full of water... Can you hear a buzz near to where the pump is?
By the way, if you want to just choose Drain, without spin; select Spin & Drain and then use the Spin Speed Adjustment button to alter the spin to None
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I can hear the pump buzz, I think I will take the pump off tomorrow and check all the pipes in and out of the pump as well as the pump then if nothing appears wrong I will come back to you to continue advice if that's ok.
The pump impeller is possibly jammed... or its drive is defective... Take off the filter and turn the impeller with a long screwdriver... Check if it is free.. Check that nothing has entered the housing to prevent it from rotating. If all the above are good but the pump does not turn, replace the pump. Come back to me if you require part numbers etc. or other advice. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no probs, will do, thanks for your time
You're very welcome
Hi Graham.. How are you getting on with this?