George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I was washing my son's favourite teddy. But I noticed its tail

Customer Question

I was washing my son's favourite teddy. But I noticed its tail was stuck in the door few seconds after the wash started. Water started leaking and I don't know how to unlock the door. I've judged turned the machine off. What should I do or is there anyway of unlocking with the lock sign still on?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Avril, my name is***** the drain hose from the drain and lower it to the floor or into a bowl.. once the water has been emitted the door can then be opened.. The reason the door cannot open at the moment is that the pressure switch has a hold on the door lock due to water being in the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you George,I solved the problem before seeing your reply as I had other laundry to do so I wanted it solved quickly.The problem was fixed by changing the setting to spin and then selecting the no spin mode which runs for one minute. This ended the cycle draining the water. Thanks all the same.