George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a range cooker, model Flavel Aspen 100, bought in 2007.

Customer Question

I have a range cooker, model Flavel Aspen 100, bought in 2007. It is dual fuel, with gas hob and two electric overn. The thermostat on the conventional (non fan) oven appears to have failed. The oven just keeps on getting hotter and the temperature light doesn't go out.
Can you advise me on how to fix this problem?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you supply the model number from the label at the base of the oven behind the door. Please be patient, I may not be able to respond to you until later today.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Model number is *****
Srl No 06 100825 05
Thanks for that... There are two versions of that cooker. Does yours have a product code of(###) ###-####or(###) ###-####??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't find a product code on it anywhere, nor is it in the handbook. On the back of the cooker is a sticker with
AP10FRS and a bar code with 023790105332 on it. The plate on the front (under the oven door) has SRL No 06 100825 05
on it.
To get at and replace the thermostat you need to remove the burnerplate (hobtop), and the rear panel. The thermostat plugs into the rear of the selector switch and the phial then feeds down the back and through a hoe at the rear of the oven.. it is then clipped to the oven back panel or side panel.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks. Any tips on removing the burner plate? I'm comfortable with electrics but less so with gas fittings.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Okay, don't worry about that, I've got the burner plate and the back off. There isn't anything going through a hole at the rear of
the oven, and nothing clipped to the oven back or side panel. There isn't anything inside the oven apart from the top element. All the oven selector switch has on it are electrical connections. I've attached a couple of pictures.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yet another apology! I have now found the thermostat you described. That just leaves two questions. How do I detach it, do I
just unplug it from the rear of the selector switch, IE pull it out? I can see how to replace it but where and how do I obtain a replacement? When I had another problem, a few years back, one of your colleagues directed me to a website where I could order the spare I needed, are you able to do that?
To remove the thermostat just place a screwdriver between the thermostat and the selector and twist.You can see a blue cable type coming from the side of the thermostat in your image.. Follow that wire; it will go through a hole into the oven and will be clipped to the top edge of the oven with a phial at the end of it. The main Oven thermostat for this model is part number###-##-####and is available HERE There is only one thermostat used for the main ovens on the range.. This is because the thermostat is required to go to 280 degs... That is part number###-##-####
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.