Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Neff dishwasher wan't finish the cycle, running non

Hi, my Neff dishwasher wan't finish the cycle, running non stop
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
When you say that it is running non stop do you mean it is actually circulating the water all the time or that it is pumping out all the time? - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
circulating the water all the time
OK thanks - is the water hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not, it's cold
OK the first thing that you will have to do is find out if the heater is faulty, are you able to use a multimeter or mains tester with a continuity function?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not able to use a multimeter or mains tester with a continuity function.
Can you give me the ENr of the item, it is lazer etched into the top of the stainless inner door. I can then try and point you in the right direction.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S5453X1GB/74
OK are you able and competent to take this appliance out of its housing, then strip it down and get someone to check out the heater?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be able to take it out, but before I have to fined someone who can check out the heater.
I think in this particular case it may be more prudent for you to get someone in that can actually do the job for you. By the time you have taken it out, stripped it down, got someone in to check out the heater and then with luck got it fixed you will have spent more time and money than a service engineer would charge you. The cost of the heater alone is about £70.00p which is not what you want to spend to find you have got the wrong part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll get someone but I already paid £20 for your advise.
You havent paid me anything at the moment, I have given you my time and if you dont rate my advice then I get no payment. Unfortunately like all things if you dont have the tools or knowledge to carry out the repair I can't risk putting you in a situation that may cause you to lose you life at worst or electrocute yourself at best. There are no magic wands to repair the dishwasher, its a get under the hood knowing what you are doing and fix the thing. At least you now know where to point the guy that comes to fix the machine, something that you werent able to do before our conversation started - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks for you time
no worries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got advice to contact engeener, because my issue is quite serious and before changing the part need to be sure is the right one.
That is why I suggested an engineer. This is not an easy job and if not careful can go badly wrong.