Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit dryer. A light comes on when the condenser

Customer Question

I have an Indesit dryer. A light comes on when the condenser drawer is full of water and needs to be emptied. The light is on but when I pulled out the dispenser there wasn't any water in in it. The dryer is now cold when I try to dry washing. Thank yoy
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi What you will find is the pump chamber is blocked up in there. What you need to do is pull the dryer out.From there look in the bottom right corner and there you will see a white plastic cover.You need to prise this open. Insert a flat bladed screwdriver in there at the top either end and prise it open.Then you need to remove the pump chamber from there.With this out you need to clear all the water in there and remove any build up of fluff as well that will be in there.Then refit the pump in there and set it going.This should turn the water light out and it will start to heat. Then see how it goes. Fingers crossed it was just fluff blocking it and it will be fine. But if it does it again then the pump itself will be faulty and will need to be replaced. Check that out and see what you find as the fault will be as above as we see this fault a lot on these dryers. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi i was just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open. Do you need anymore help on this? If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great. Many thanks