Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Our Stoves Richmond 550 E ceramic hob is intermittently not

Our Stoves Richmond 550 E ceramic hob is intermittently not heating up on the 2 r hand hobs as you look at it. It's not that old and the problem seems to come and go but it is more obvious now. Any ideas?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
It will be the energy regulator that controls the hotplate if the hotplate heats at all. If you let me have the product code I will let you have the part number. product code is a long number starting with usuall 4, 5, or 7 on the rating label - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a ceramic hob.Both the R hand hot plates fail to heat. The only numbers I have are for the cooker Stoves model no###-##-####serial number 31217080
That spot on, can you just confirm that both the hot plates are single rather than dual elements? If you have one of each then there are two different parts required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One is a big one and one smaller. I'm sorry I don't know if they're single or dual elements. They both work or both don't work. Not working presently although those on the left do
OK let us have a quick recap here, initially the hotplates on the right hand side were erratic in operation, sometimes they worked other times they didn't? Now it seems they don't work at all. How competent are you at checking electrical wiring?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bizarrely they are working again. I put the oven on then tried the back one and it's working. You are correct in what you have said otherwise. Icahn check wiring. It depends where!
OK the fact that the hotplates are working indicates that there is a problem with their control as the two controls are connected together on the right as the two on the left are paired also. If it were me I would get two energy regulators and whilst you were changing them over check the cable connections. I'll come back to you with the part numbers a little later the Stoves engineer website is down - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to update you, I'm still awaiting a response from my manager as for some reason the website has lost its parts number listings - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right. Thanks
Part number for all of the energy regulators on you hob is -###-##-####which we have in stock. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Thank you for using JA and do come back to me if you need further information. Have a great day - Ian