Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Whirlpool Oven AKP 446/1X. How do I remove

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Whirlpool Oven AKP 446/1X. How do I remove the inner glass door To replace the door handle?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Attached is the user handbook for your model following the instructions within remove the oven door from the appliance and then place it on a flat protected surface with the inner door facing towards you. If you look carefully you will see screws that hold the inner door onto the outer door at either top or bottom of oven door (depends on version) . Remove these and then you have access to the handle locking screws. Come back to me if you need further help - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't see the attached handbook? There does not appear to be any visible screws either at the top or the bottom of the inner door. Just black brackets at the bottom which look like they need a small hexagonal socket and may be part of the hinge?
Can you let me have a photo of both the top and bottom of the door - in the meantime I'll see what happened to the handbook.
https://www.bvt.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/WhirlpoolAKZ.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The oven is in a rental property and I have to give notice before a visit. I hope to visit Friday to get you the photos.
OK Im around just give me a call when you have the door off - Ian