KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosch VarioPerfect 8. The machine is "dead". I have changed t

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Bosch VarioPerfect xxx 8.
The machine is "dead". I have changed the fuse in the plug, checked the socket and cleaned the filter of the machine, but it's still dead. Is there any other fuse, or do I need a technician?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... was there a power surge, how did it went dead ? please let me know its complete model number and age of this appliance________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. No, no power surge (and we have surge protection installed). It just went dead during the day during a cycle.
It's a few months shy of 2 years old and it's a Logixx8 Varioperfect and it says 1600 on it as well.
OK with the washer unplugged pull it out and try to clean the drain pump, then remove the back off the washer and locate the main board...pull the connections going to the board one by one...connect them again...if the problem is still their you will have to replace the main board..IT will cost around £170________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks