Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Neff dishwasher will only do a good wash on a hot cycle.

My Neff dishwasher will only do a good wash on a hot cycle. The eco cycle leaves things wet and not clean
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Two checks to make - is the water getting hot (not the fact that you have selected a hot wash, I need to know if the water is heated during the wash cycle) and secondly are you using both salt and rinse aid in the appliance. Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I ran an eco programme last night and checked several times to see if the water was hot. It didn't seem to be, although I had the impression of warmth from the interior suggesting it had been. In fact each time I went to check it seemed to be pumping out. This time at the end the soap had disappeared (often its still their) but the contents were not fully clean. They looked clean at first but when you felt them they had a gritty feel. So I ran the programme again on 65/75 and that worked well. We are using rinse aid but not salt as in our area the water hardness is such that we don't need salt.
OK firstly the salt is not used to soften the water it is used to clean the built in water softener that is part of the dishwasher construction so it would be a good idea to at least use salt at the lowest rate. If the appliance is used on economy then this has a much reduced wash temperature which reduces the ability of the detergent to operate at optimum performance. Good for cereal bowl and coffee cups but not much use for after dinner plates. As an afterthought using low temperature washes also causes the pipes to clog with debris which is then circulated on the next wash. I would (and I do here at home, always use the dishwasher at least at 60c temperature wash.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks. The thing is that I followed the instructions in the handbook about salt: I checked with United Utilities for the hardness level here and I checked it against what the Neff book said and according to Neff I shouldn't add salt.We have had this dishwasher since August 13, and we have used the eco setting for the whole time. We normally fill it over about 24 hours and rinse each time we add more stuff. It has worked well until recently. The first indication was that the soap did not dissolve and often at the end of the cycle things are still wet. It seems to be a bit intermittent, the outcome isn't always the same. Like last night when the soap disappeared. The first thing I tried was to buy a pack of cleaner from Neff in case it was clogged up pipes, I used that according to the instructions so the pipes ought to be reasonably clear. Also at about the time it started to go wrong I noticed that the top basket was higher at one side than the other, which I think upsets the delivery of water to the top half. But I spotted that and corrected it, but it didn't seem to improve things. I am wondering whether to just call the Neff engineer, but I am afraid that with this type of fault it might not get fixed.
One thing to note is that if the tablet is not disappearing then usually this is because either the water level is too low or alternatively the water temperature is not above the 35-40C that is required to dissolve it. Secondly as already mentioned if the plates are not dry at the end of the process this is also indicative of the heater not operating as the water left in the sump is used by the appliance to steam dry the dishes. With regard to calling Neff I'm not sure he would tell you other than what I have already mentioned and at £95 call out certainly consideration is needed. If it were me I would run it with salt and rinse-aid at a higher temperature and check that the water is actually getting hot - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just ran a wash at Auto 45/65 and everything was wet at the end with most of the soap still there, it didn't seem warm. I repeated the same cycle and checked after 30 minutes and the water was definitely hot. This time it was hot at the end, the soap was gone and the pots were clean. I think I said earlier its a bit intermittent. This proves it. Do you know what could cause this please?
I think perhaps you have got a temperature control problem which either means your temperature sensor is faulty or there is a problem with either its connection to the pcb or the pcb itself. If you let me have the full Enr of the product I can look out the sensor and tell you where it goes in the appliance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
S51T69X3 GB/50
If you copy and past the following link into your browser, then go to spare parts and illustrated diagrams, then page 2 and look for item 0435. This is the temperature sensor, if this item isnt faulty then its likely to be either the cables that feed from it or the main control pcb.http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S51T69X3GB/50#/tab-spare-section-3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could I have the link please
Last sentence on my last post. Copy and paste into your browser.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
which result should I view?They don't seem to be Neff
http://www.neff.co.uk/store/sparepart/finder/detail/S51T69X3GB/50#/tab-spare-section-3 Copy and paste the above link - this takes you directly to the page covering your product and then follow the instructions given above. Page 4 refers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks, ***** ***** ordered one