Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My dryer runs of the cycle before completely

Customer Question

My dryer runs for part of the cycle before completely shutting down, I thought it might have been the over temp thermostat so I replaced the heater and thermostats but to no avail. Could it be the main board and if so is it worth trying to replace it.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Does the appliance get very hot before it stops?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't know as I have never taken any notice of the temperature, I just press start and find it has shut down some time later
OK lets tackle this another way, the heater thermostats are responsible for both controlling the temperature and also switching off the heater if this overheats. It doesn't stop the dryer from turning just switches off the heater. However there is a thermal cutout in the motor that will shut the system down if it fails - hence my question about the dryer being hot - ian