Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an hoover VHD842 vision HD1400 washing machine that

I have an hoover VHD842 vision HD1400 washing machine that empties the soap trays and after about 30 seconds stops, I can drain it with no problem but it will not spin or wash.HELP.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi When it stops do you get any flashing lights?If so then count the number of flashes from them in between the pause and let me know. If it doesnt stop with flashing lights then will the drum turn at all? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi daniel no flashing lights and if put on to spin to drain the water after the start will drain for 20 seconds and stop with no drum turning.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok what you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back panel.There you will see the motor at the bottom. Just check the belt is still on there. If the belt is fine then you need to remove the motor.Then at the back of the motor either side are the carbon brushes.Remove these and see if they have worn down. If they are only a few mm long then they are worn and will need to be replaced.Then refit the motor and fingers crossed thats sorted it from there. So check them and see what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel its a bit late now but will do tomorrow thanks for the tips. IAN
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi daniel sorry for delay have now checked belt all ok and pump bushes ok what next !!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi daniel just to let you the bloody thing is now working. Ian