George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I just had a general tech out Bosch self cleaning condenser

I just had a general tech out for my Bosch self cleaning condenser dryer, he couldn't find a broken part, the dryer is not heating, he believes it is a system problem and could be the compressor, it has been referred on to a third party, is a compressor in these sort of dryers fixable or am I looking at a new machine?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, my name is***** you provide the ENR of the appliance; this will be on a label on the door opening of the appliance. I wont be able to respond to you until later today as I am on the road but I will have a look when I get back. regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTW84560GB/09
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FD(###) ###-####is the following number
Hello Kelly, thanks for being patient... The problem with the appliance not heating could be related to one or more of several components.. Compressor, Ntc, Sensor, pump. If the compressor is running then it is possible that the system is lacking refrigerant, and on this Tumble Dryer it is R407.. This could be recharged on the proviso that there is no serious leak. If the compressor is not coming on, then the issue could be related to the NTC, the Sensor, or the Pump. Anything to do with a repair to the compressor then it is best to get this done by Bosch themselves .. The appliance is under 10 years old and therefore the appliance can be repaired under one of the Bosch repair programsYou can book a repair with Bosch by phoning 0344(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was a message that kept reading cleaning 5 minute, cleaning 4 minutes, cleaning 3 minutes and so on until it just counted down to zero and shut off, I could hear a pumping noise, while it counting down. Water is found in the drawer.
Then I would rule out the Sensor and the Pump... That leaves the NTC and the Compressor.. If the NTC where out of range I would expect a fault code.. and since there is not fault code, that leaves the compressor.. Now, is the compressor working or is it not?.. If it is working, I would suggest that it may be recharged with R407 refrigerant. but if it is not working then the question is one of cost, as the replacement cost of the compressor is £288 (Not including labour or sundries)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, how do I rate you?