Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How to replace the control knob on a WHIRLPOOL AWOE 9140

how to replace the control knob on a WHIRLPOOL AWOE 9140
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi The best way to do this without damaging any other parts is as below. You need to remove the top of the washer.Then remove the soad dispenser drawer.Then remove the screws on the top of the plastic panel and then remove the screws from around the dispenser unit.Then you need to look behind the front panel on the far right and you will see a tab there. Push this to the right and then you can swing the panel out and remove it from there.Once thats loose then you can remove the front board. Theres 4 tabs holding it on 2 either side top and bottom.With this out you can then push the knob out of the frame and replace it from there. Thats the best way. But you can also use a pair of pilers and grip it and pull it and at the same time wiggle it off.The only this this way is there is a chance you could break the front panel as i have done this myself before. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WORKED A TREAT, CHEERS!!