George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Kevin My Samsung eco bubble 8kg washing machine : Model number wf80f5eow4w/EU is switc

Hi Kevin
My Samsung eco bubble 8kg washing machine : Model number wf80f5eow4w/EU is switching on initisally starts to fill i.e while weighing load. Time on screen does not drop ie sticks on initial wash time, Drum does not appear to rotate but manually spins freely. No error codes.Have checked and cleaned filter. Have taken rear panel off and belt between drum and motor appears in good condition. Could you advise please. Nick
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
When you say it spins freely MANUALLY.. Do you mean by hand, or by setting it to Spin Program?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
manually by hand. To drain the machine I put it on drain and spin cycle, machine drained only, hope this is helpful.
When you drained the appliance and it didn't spin, did the pump run for the full period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unsure, but there was not much water left in the filter, as that was first thing I checked
My assumption is that there is either an issue with the pressure switch or that there was and issue with prevention of draining... Water in the tub preventing the pressure switch from registering as empty will prevent the spin process from operating... A fault in the pressure switch will also cause this. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have ordered pressure switch due Tuesday will let you know how its gone. Thanks
OK Nick.. Thank you.