Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have an HOTPOINT AQXXD169PM machine. Sometimes the Washer

I have an HOTPOINT AQXXD169PM machine. Sometimes the Washer will start up straight away with no problem. Another time it will NOT start but leave it & it will start & do the Cycle Complete. If you want to continue with another wash it may NOT start again. The washer is all ready to go inc water connected but no go. Any ideas please.
MICK
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks! The times that it does not start right away, does it just sit silently and then come on later or what exactly happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it looks as if machine should be working. When switched on you get the click of the door lock & that's it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! No humming or buzzing or other odd noises, clicking from the control area, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No noises except if it works straight away you get the click of the water start? nothing else
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Great, thank you! Given that it will erratically go and work fine and then other times not, I suspect the problem lies with the electronic control module. Oftentimes, this can be caused by electrical disturbances in the power supply that "confuses" the control or the control may just be failing. With electronics it is difficult to determine what exactly is happening to cause the issues it may be having. All of the other components are mechanical and are hardly ever intermittent. I believe the main control module will need to be replaced and is available below. Access is gained by removing the top panel from the machine. The module is mounted at the top of the cabinet and all connections will unplug and plug in with no special tools required. CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to rate before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!