Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Vaillant Ecotec Boiler 831 no heating

Vaillant Ecotec Boiler 831 no heating
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The heating has suddenly stopped working. Hot water is fine. There is no error message. Though the thermostat is set to 22, the radiator symbol does not appear on the display leading me to suspect that the message is not getting to the boiler from the thermostat.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 11 months ago.
Hi , what thermostat do you have
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Honeywell
Ok , do you have the model?need to know whether it is wireless or standard wired In
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
T40
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
wireless
Do you think it could have lost connection. It may need reconnecting with the receiver. If the receiver has an overide have you tried pressing this?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you point me in the right direction? Can't find anything on google re: the over-ride
Are you sure the room stat model is a t40?
Any chance you can upload attach a photo..need to get to the bottom of whether it is a boiler fault or controls issue
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sorry - my phone seems to be struggling with the wireless so I can't upload a photo. on the back it says: CMS727E1016; 1310 4; and T40. I don't know which of those is the model
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry - it's the CM727
Are you sure its not a cms927 ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I opened it up: it says CM727 on the front and on the back CMS727E1016. No 9 in there.
I would try new batteries first in the stat. If this doesn't get it working, near the boiler will be a square box( the reciever unit. It could be in the old hot water tank cupboard aswell . On the receiver should be an overide button
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have replaced the batteries. The receiver unit is flashing red! It is just two red lights and one button. Do I just press the button?!!!
Yes
Did this make the heating come on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes!!!! One light now green, the other flashing red.
Ok , the stat must have lost connection with the receiver( or one or the other is faulty)There is a rebing process which I will paste below.if this doesn't work you can use the overide for heat till you replace the units.please could you rate your answer if happy , thanks) Additional Installation Information5.1 Binding / Rebinding ProcedureThe binding operation described below is required if:• Any of the system components (room thermostat or relay box) are replaced.• The relay box has incorrect or no binding data stored (e.g. when pre-bound system pack componentshave been mismatched).NOTE: During the binding procedure keep approximately 1m distance between the room thermostat andthe relay box.To bind/rebind:1. Press and hold the relay box push button for 15 seconds to reset any previously stored data. After 15seconds the red LED will change to flashing 0.1sec on/0.9sec off.NOTE: After 5 seconds the red LED will start to flash 0.5sec on/0.5sec off, but continue to hold thebutton).2. Release the push button.3. Press and hold the relay box push button for 5 seconds to enter the binding mode. The Red LED willstart flashing at 0.5sec on/0.5sec off to confirm the binding mode has been entered.4. Press the OFF button on the room thermostat. Then press thethebutton. The unit will display InSt and 'CONTROL BINDING'.5. Press the greenbutton to send the binding signal out to the relay box. The red LED is switched offto confirm successful binding operation. If the red LED still flashes push the button again until bindingis successful.
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced