Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have just bought a new Samsung washing machine from Currys

Customer Question

I have just bought a new Samsung washing machine from Currys who came and fitted it last week.
The machine vibrates and I have to hold it down to stop it moving round the kitchen.
Please help.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Firstly did they remove the transit bolts from the back of the appliance and hand them to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at the back of the machine and the bolts had been removed but the plastic caps had not been fitted so I fitted them as they came loose with the manual and spare hose.
OK now make sure that the appliance is level and there is NO rocking by making sure that the feet are levelled and locked in place with the locking nuts. Once this is done try it on a spin and come back to me with the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I adjusted the feet and tightened the bolts and using a spirit level the machine is level , however the floor is timber and there is
perhaps some movement there but surely this should not make the machine rock as it does because there must be thousands of houses with timber floors that do not have my problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking forward to your reply
Agree with you totally, what sort of load do you have in it and doe you get any error codes in the display?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There have been no error codes.
The last load was bedding at 2kg as the manual states.
Is it worth moving the machine and testing it with say spin only.
Can I do that without putting a wash load in?
Are the machines better with a full or a not so full load?
Best with a full load. Yes you can do a spin without washing in. However, consider this. You bought the washing machine in good faith, further you paid for Currys to install it. If it were me I would be calling them back to make it work satisfactorily or if they can't then replace it with one that can.
Do you require further assistance? If not would you kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page. Many thanks - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have asked Samsung to send an engineer round to look at it and they are supposed to be coming some time today, I will keep you informed.