Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Tumble dryer will not turn on

Tumble dryer will not turn on
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Can you post the model number please. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi ZDE 47200W
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Now i assume you have checked the fuse in the plug and have tried it in another plug socket? If so then itts either the mains filter or the control board at fault here.You need to remove the top of the dryer and there at the back right corner you will see the mains filter were the power cable enters. Just check theres no signs of burning on there and the wiring block is pushed on there tight. If thats all ok then check the wiring on the front control board, If thats all ok then im afraid you are left with a faulty control board here. As to be honest ive replaced quite a few of these in the past for this fault so its not uncommon on these.But this isnt a cheap fix as a new control board is quite expensive. So just try the above and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thanks for the info. I have taken the top off and checked all of the connections. There was no signs of burning on the mains filter. So I am looking at a new control board.Any idea where I can get one from?Thanks,Mark
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full product number (pnc). It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and start with a 9. Then i can get the correct part number for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
###-##-####01
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that. Click here for the part for your model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wow. That's expensive!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yep, not a cheap part im afraid. Control boards are always expensive on all brands of machines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before contacting you, I had a little look around on the Internet and there was a suggestion that it could be the door lock. Is this a possibility?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No, a door lock wont cause this as all the door lock is on this is a microswitch that acitvates when the door is closed. I doesnt cause the dryer not to turn on as if theres no lights comming on the its going to be the control unit here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks for all your help.I think it's going to be a new dryer!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Your very welcome. Just sorry it wasnt good news. If you could remember to rate the answer i gave that would be great. Many thanks