Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Bosch Sensixx da70 iron. It has just stopped working.

I have a Bosch Sensixx da70 iron. It has just stopped working. There is power to it but the plate is cold. The temp lights flash as does the sensor light on the handle. In the manual it says this is normal but they should go off when at the correct temp. Any help please?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me the appliance ENr please and how do you feel about taking it to bits?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what a ENr is and cannot find it on the operating instructions manual. Normally I would be OK taking it apart but my right arm is in a sling at the moment! I should be ok though.
Copy and paste the following link into your browser so that we are singing off the same song sheet -- http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/SteamironSensixxxDA70iTemp/TDA7060GB/02 go to spare parts and diagrams and then come back to me when you have it to hand - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
OK first thing you have got to do is get access to item 0101 which is the base in which the element is housed. You will need some form of mains tester to check continuity through the element and also that you are getting a voltage at the element connectors - I have to go out for about an hour to deliver an washing machine but will come back to you on my return.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have those things at home ie a mains tester. Perhaps it's best I take it to a local repair shop?
I think probably so - your bigest problem is that most appliance repairers dont do repairs to small appliances any longer and as you can see if you have to change the base element you are more than two thirds the way towards a replacement. However, I think we have gone as far as we can so would you kindly rate the information given to allow me to shut the job down on the system. You can always come back later at no extra charge if you need further advice. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening - Ian