George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Vac. cleaner MC-UL712 Beater bar will not turn. Have tried

Vac. cleaner MC-UL712
Beater bar will not turn. Have tried turning beater bar switch to on, also tried on off switch to off.I have also cleaned the floor nozzle as described.
None of the above have proved positive.
The beater bar will turn so far,then appears to jam up,continued pressur will make it turn then it gets jammed again when it reaches the same point.
Any other suggestions ?
.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Gordon, my name is***** the beater bar keeps stopping like that, it may be the case that the belt is slipping, or the bearings for the beater bar are seized and the beater bar needs replacing. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.