Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Boiler 70-90con serial no###-##-####riello burner starts

boiler 70-90con serial no###-##-####riello burner starts up from cold runs merry rads in house heat up after awhile boiler locks out try to restart no joy installed new solenoid coil started ok but same result
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How long has it been since the boiler was serviced?Also how do you get it restart when this happens? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
recently service pushing re start button
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thank you for that info. This problem usually occurs on this one if the control may have a loose connection or may be failing.If this problem began just after the service, I would contact the service professional because its likely they simply left one connection loose. So its intermittent at this point. Its an easy fix for the technician and likely they will fix that for free if they are honest.I have over 30 years hands on servicing these ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
problem was there before service what is class as controller where is the wire located i am ex fitter service boiler myself ,when boiler was working turn room stat down boiler went off ,turn stat up came on ,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that information, so they didnt fix it? Did they charge for that?This can be caused by a few things.The most likely cause is a bad control board at the boiler, or still a loose connection.But when the unit requires a restart it could be simply the flame sensor as well.There a lot I can explain about that if you need further details, please let me know but if your handy you can test and replace the flame sensor. You will need a meter fro testing for this. But in all my years with boiler service when this reset trips out and requires a press of that button, it is simply a worn out or defective main control board.There is a part that gets hot and eventually fails, especially if it was running for a long time before service.Let me know, I will work with you all the way.In any case please rate so I can stick with you no additional cost to rate ;-)SincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the correct no. control board for this model try reset just now it seem not bring in the fan carries on then locks out
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi the system shows you may have replied to me recently but I dont see anything in the body of the letter?Let me knwo if you need further assistance.If not, please rate kindly so I can close this for you;-)Thank you and have a wonderful day.Tech Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
details were giving to Michael this afternoon reguarding my boiler please refer to all e mails ps our you the same Michael as you sign off as mike.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi this is Tech Michael how may I help you further? and here should be the info you asked for;-)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
recently service pushing re start button11 Apr 2016, 11:05 AMMeHi and thank you for that info. This problem usually occurs on this one if the control may have a loose connection or may be failing.If this problem began just after the service, I would contact the service professional because its likely they simply left one connection loose. So its intermittent at this point. Its an easy fix for the technician and likely they will fix that for free if they are honest.I have over 30 years hands on servicing these ;-)In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael11 Apr 2016, 11:11 AMCustomerproblem was there before service what is class as controller where is the wire located i am ex fitter service boiler myself ,when boiler was working turn room stat down boiler went off ,turn stat up came on ,11 Apr 2016, 11:28 AMMeThanks for that information, so they didnt fix it? Did they charge for that?This can be caused by a few things.The most likely cause is a bad control board at the boiler, or still a loose connection.But when the unit requires a restart it could be simply the flame sensor as well.There a lot I can explain about that if you need further details, please let me know but if your handy you can test and replace the flame sensor. You will need a meter fro testing for this. But in all my years with boiler service when this reset trips out and requires a press of that button, it is simply a worn out or defective main control board.There is a part that gets hot and eventually fails, especially if it was running for a long time before service.Let me know, I will work with you all the way.In any case please rate so I can stick with you no additional cost to rate ;-)SincerelyTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Michael problem still with me I have done all you ask me do ie checked wireing installed new control panel new coil nozzle etc The boiler came on when new panel installed today heating rads ok later on boiler lockout restat button it seems first stage to bring on fan do not come on it carries on with all the other stages then goes to lock out this their anything else I try?this their stat when the boiler reaches high temp it .goes to lock out. I keep trying raymond
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Raymond, Also there is a water temp sensor, in the US they call that part an Aquastat. If either the low or the high temp thermostat which is built in to that part is bad or failing, you will also get this problem.Its really the only other part in the system that woudl do this. Unless you do have a wire that is intermittent in its connection.I will stick with you but since this question could take more time than normal.Tech MichaelRating now kindly,does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here.Thanks Raymond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Michael your replied stated a water temp senor might be the problem where is it located ?pushed restat boiler fired up,turn room stat down boiler went off ,restarted it self ok stat turn up.later it went lock out try restart it no joy I know you trying to resolve this lets have one more think please raymond
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ray, this sensor is screwed into the boiler, it stops the boiler when the water gets to a pre set temp and restarts it when it the temp drops below a certain low temp.I will stick with you until this is complete, But really I think your problem now that you have done all the work is the flame sensor. If its failing, this will happen, also if the boiler doesn't fire correctly or isn't not burning right it WILL cut out on safety as it is doing.I bet it needs a cleaning and I would replace the flame sensor or in this case you may need a new Thermocouple, its the entire device that keeps the system running as long as it is operating correctly. Please rate kindly you will not lose me. Then I can add you to my priority list so I see your replies much quicker no cost for that;-)Thanks for understanding.Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Michael still no joy I have to call someone to look at it on site thanks for trying raymond