George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My washing machine is quite noisey when it spins we think it

Customer Question

My washing machine is quite noisey when it spins we think it requires a bearing model number 76660R was registered jan 2013
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Patricia, my name is***** tell me; if you place your hand in the drum and spin by hand, can you hear a rumble?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The drum is quite slack moves easy.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just done that and it scrapes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What next.
One moment whilst I check on the parts for that system.
Can you give me the full model number from the label inside the door opening please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R010818313413
That is not a model number Patricia.. A model number is ***** in the form of WML520S or similar
The model number may also be on the fascia panel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
76660R Serial###-##-####
Ok, please wait a moment
Are you are sure it is a Hotpoint model? Are you able to attach a photo of the sticker you are looking at
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says WMAL661 Aquarius on the front.
That is the model number we are looking for... Thank you Patricia.. Back in a moment
Ok Patricia, you say that the drum scrapes when you spin it... If you place your fingers on the edge of the metal inner drum and gently push and let go, so that there is an upwards / downwards movement, is there any movement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes.
Then you will need to replace the drum of the appliance which takes:'TANK 52LT ALL PLAST 1400-1600 ULTRA' Part Number C00286442If you are buying from the link I have given you, discount is available:To get discount, when you get to the Checkout page.. To the left of the 'Pay by Card' button there is a link to allow you to enter a discount code.. Click on it and enter the discount code __ id1975 __ to get a discount
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understood there is a free 5 years part guarantee on this machine which was taken out 19th January 2013
Did you actually take out the parts guarantee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes e mail here 19th Jan thank you for guarantee registration .com guarantee is active
Thank you Patricia, Then please call the UK Repair Line to book a repair on 03448 224 224Please have your documentation ready and quote your Model: WMAL661 and SN:###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you No luck getting through on that number.
The line is very busy.. Please keep trying.