Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Good evening, Any chance you please know what E20 means on

Customer Question

Good evening,
Any chance you please know what E20 means on my
Washer/Drier. - AEG Model – L1271OVIT
Type – P6497489
Product Number – 91460120500Serial Number 53600271
Wayne
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi This depends on what cycle its comming up on. Is it showing the E20 on wash cycle or dryer cycle? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
E 20 ON WASH CYCLE. 40 Degrees
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if its comming up on wash then E20 is a draining error code. What you need to do here is check the filter in the bottom corner on the front. There you will see a small grey drain hose.Pull this out but not to far and open the cap and then you can slowerly drain the water out from there.Then you can fully remove the filter and give this a clean out and then check there is nothing stuck in the pump impeller. But for the E20 error code this is a time out draining error code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. I am just going to check.....will come back ASAP.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries thats fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. I have drained the filter area, there is nothing stuck in there, in-fact its pretty clean as I clear it out weekly. I have managed to spin the washing load.Is there anything else I can do ? Any suggestions at anything else I should check?
I am not sure if the problem will continue with another attempt at a wash?
So I think I am going to try another load and see if the problem happens again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Did you look at the pump impeller inside the chamber were the filter goes to make sure there was nothing stuck in there? If thats all clear then its possibley a faulty pump which in this case it will need to be replaced to cure this.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi I see the question is still open here, Do you still need more help on this?If so just get back to me and i can advise further. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close the question down on this. Many thanks