KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a zanussi oven, it is in demo mode so won't switch on i

Customer Question

i have a zanussi oven, it is in demo mode so won't switch on
i have the manual and have done what it said - made the "demo" flash, then turned the temperature button clockwise 3 times
doesn't work. Have switched off at the mains and on again, and been through the routine in the manual umpteen times
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me complete model number and age of this oven ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model number is ***** 37902XK approx age 2 years
Have you already tried this : Press and hold the button + button. Now When an acoustic signal sounds, turn the knob for the oven functions to the first function. Demo flashes in the display. Then, Turn the knob for the oven functions to the off position. Release the button + and turn the knob for the temperature clockwise three times. The acoustic signal sounds three times. The demo mode is deactivated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, that's exactly what is in the manual, and I have tried it several times. Switched off at the mains and done it again. The "demo" flashes but turning the temperature clockwise 3 times has NOT deactivated demo mode
OK unplug the appliance and plug it back after around 5 minutes... Press the power button to switch off the oven, now number the buttons on your display with 1 on the left and then press button 2 and 5 at the same time for approximately 5 seconds. The Electronic Control will beep once and the oven should be ready for use. Let me know if the problem is still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a power button which can be pressed. The left hand knob which controls oven functions turns and is on 0 when the oven is not working. The right hand knob is the temperature control. There are three smaller inside buttons which can be pressed. The left one is - the right one is + and the middle one has a clock symbol
OK press and hold the - and + buttons
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens when I do that. If I initially make the "demo" flash with the first part of the procedure of the manual, then press + and - together, the "demo" stops flashing and is alight continuously.
ok when it is lit up then turn off and turn it back on... it should stop flashing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear, sorry to say that didn't work either. When it comes back on the panel shows the "demo" still steadily illuminated.
OK unfortunately that is the only way... I believe it is the control that is bad and will need replacement