George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a fully automatic Siemens dishwasher that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a fully automatic Siemens dishwasher that has stopped heating properly. I have changed the heating element and heat exchanger but the problem is still there.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... please tell me its complete model number and how old is it ________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Number SE20T593gb/04. The fault is intermittent, it will sometimes work properly and heat up but not always.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh. I forgot. the dishwasher is 9 years old.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Geoff, my name is***** you still need assistance with this fault?.Please be patient as I am on call so will be in and out and may not be able to answer you immediately
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please, I can wait. The dishwasher is performing well in all other respects, but is not heating the water or heating the drying cycle. Is there a solenoid between the heater and control unit that may have become faulty? I can't see one on Siemens exploded diagrams.
Hello Geoff, first area I would guide you to is the PCB.. have a good look at the pins at the rear of the relays.. if any have missing solder, replace the solder and try again. Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, I'll give that a go, I guess it is a usual suspect area, then I'll take a full check through the wiring network.
I have seen that problem before several times.. Water level sensor and thermostat on heater are two other areas that cause this issue, but I would first advise looking at the PCB
Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.