Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

The battery died in my thermostat downstairs. I replace

Customer Question

Hi, the battery died in my thermostat downstairs. I replace the batteries and now I can't turn my heating on.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , the room stat has most likely lost connection with the receiver. Take the room stat off the wall there are two buttons on the back and follow these instructions.. the receiver is a white square box ,most likely by the boiler. It has an overide button that can be used to temporarily turn the heating on. Here are the rebinding instructions.Configuration instructions for the Siemens RCR10/433 receiver1. Press and release the SET button. This puts the receiver into learn mode. 2. Press and release the LEARN button on the back of the transmitter. 3. A good signal is indicated by a green flashing LED. No signal is indicated by a red flashing LED. 4. To test the transmission, press the TEST button on the transmitter. This will switch the relay on in the receiver irrespective of temperature. The RF TEST symbol appears on the thermostat display. 5. An orange LED indicates that the relay is on.Would you mind rating your answer if happy , thanks